episode 1: japan me up (sept. 1, 2008)
sorry for the delay!
i hope you enjoyed last night’s show about post-ww2 japanese music.
- haro no umi by sharp five, (haro no umi)
- haruyo koi by happy end, (self titled record)
- part one by miyako ochi, (oz days live)
- woo hoo by the 5, 6, 7, 8’s (bomb the rocks / kill bill soundtrack)
- ode to taurus by hiro yanagida (hirocosmos)
- rockomotion by hiro yanagida (hirocosmos)
- kaze who atsumete by happy end (lost in translation ost)
- good bye my friend by morita doji (goodbye)
- suki suki daisuki by jun togawa (suki suki daisuki)
- doll’s polyphony by geinoh yamashirogumi (akira soundtrack)
- komm süsser tod by hideaki anno (end of evangelion)
- six three time by BORIS (pink)
- new wave jacket by polysics (polysics or die!!!)
- we’re talking `bout america by zoobombs (dirty bomb)
- einstein created frakenstein by film (pop japanese style)
- buche de noel by whitney (pop japanese style)
- seishyun sokkyökyoku by sanbomaster (sanbomaster wa kimi ni katarikakeru)
- don’t go sleep by susumu yokota (wonder waltz)
- drop by cornelius (point)
- kimininaritai by tenniscoats (totemo aimasho)
- bokura wa mou sora wo tobanaku by RATN (j)
- toi et moi by mutyumu (il y a)
- you are trembling by morita doji (a boy)
the ‘awkward pause’ styab was a 3 second clip of armchair by andrew bird and it appears on his latest LP, armchair apocrypha.
catch us next week. 11pm-1am monday nights on joy 94.9.
the show got approved and all that and tonight it makes it’s debut. i’ll be talking about post-ww2 japanese music and giving a very brief history and some examples of various wonderful products from everybody’s favourite robot-and-monster-riddled island, Japan. be sure to tune in. it’ll be interesting and fun.