episode 2: post rocking…! ( 8 sept 2008 )
thank you for listening tonight. i hope you liked it, slow late night radio is kind of my favourite. sleep well.
tonight we explored post rock music. since post rock musicians tend to have a fetish for powerlines, here is a picture of some powerlines.
- Glass Museum by Tortoise (Millions Now Living Will Never Die)
- East Hastings by Godspeed You! Black Emperor (F♯A♯∞)
- There’s An Oil Tanker Named Condelezza Rice by 1-Speed Bike (El Gallito EP)
- Pas a Pas Step Until by Fly Pan Am (N’ecoutez Pas)
- The Upwards March by Bell Orchestre (Recording a Tape the Colour Of)
- God Bless Our Dead Marines by Thee Silver Mount Zion Memorial Orchestra (Horses in the Sky)
- Stretch (You Are All Right) by Tortoise (It’s All Around You)
- First Breath After Coma by Explosions in the Sky (The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place)
- Sunstorm by This Past Year (Twenty Thirty)
- Jets by Decoder Ring (Fractions)
- I Know You Are But What Am I? by Mogwai (Happy Songs For Happy People)
- Radio Protector by 65daysofstatic (Radio Protector 6”)
- Sadako’s Fury by Up C Down C Left C Right C ABC+Start (Shallows 12”)
- Acid Food by Mogwai (Mr Beast)
- 65 Doesn’t Understand You by 65daysofstatic (One Time For All Time)
- Friend of the Night by Mogwai (Friend of the Night EP)
- They Made Frogs Smoke ‘Till They Exploded by Múm (Go Go Smear the Poison Ivy)
- Saeglopur by Sigur Rós (Takk…)
- Outro (Live) by Godspeed You Black Emperor (Song of the Silent Land)
the ‘awkward pause’ id stab is a clip from andrew bird’s armchair apocrypha. the intro ambience was from the silver mount zion song goodbye desolate railyard. both of these clips came from records that i highly recommend.
see you next week, where we talk about european minimialism and acoustic/glitch artists.